Student Advocacy Center's Story Soiree
SAC proudly opened our Detroit office in 2014 with one full-time staff to address the staggering numbers of youth expelled, suspended and pushed out of school. We have helped hundreds of Wayne County students get back in school. Today, we have 4 full-time staff and the needs remain high. Please join us to support this critical work.
Our Story Soiree will be an evening of mingling, storytelling and interactive art at the historic Kresge Mansion in Detroit to support our powerful work keeping students in school in Wayne County.
Friday, October 12, 2018
- Honorary Guests Chastity Pratt Dawsey and Satori Shakoor
- Food from Frita Batidos
- Drinks from Northern United Brewing Company
- Artist Douglas Jones will be on site to complete an interactive artist depiction of messages of hope from our students. Find out more about Doug here: https://douglasjonesart.com/
- Silent auction for the art
- Brief storytelling from a SAC family
- Mingling in the Kresge Mansion in the Historic Boston-Edison neighborhood district of Detroit. The 1915 home has been lovingly renovated by Paddy Lynch. Read more here, https://detroit.curbed.com/2012/11/8/10308728/buyer-restores-arden-park-home-once-totally-overgrown.
There is free, on-street parking, but you may have to walk, so please allow a little extra time to arrive.
The Kresge Mansion is a historical home with a few steps at the entry. Please notify us in advance if need any special assistance. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
More about SAC:
SAC exists to help underserved students get back in school, grow and find school success. We have offices in Ypsilanti, Detroit and Jackson and serve families statewide through our helpline.
In Wayne County, we are grateful for our many amazing partners, including Wayne County, which matches our contributions dollar for dollar. Our other funding partners have included the Freudenberg Foundation, the Skillman Foundation, the McGregor Fund, DADA Charitable Fund, the Louise Tuller Miller Trust, the Karen Colina Wilson Foundation and donors like you!
Kresge Mansion (View)
74 Arden Park
Detroit, MI 48202